Re:the storm that hit south cal

From: MS ELEANOR W LEE (HHFY29E@prodigy.com)
Date: Fri Jan 06 1995 - 22:21:20 PST

well darryl how did you fare with that storm. i watched it
on t.v.and i thot of you. did it affect your area. have you
moved again.you mentioned carrie and another girl that likes
cars . did your place get flooded? well we had a dose of
that storm but it wasn't as bad as in south cal.but we had
lots of rain and more is coming for the weekend so i guess
i'll be indoors trying to catch up with my reading of books
magazines and newspaper.but i don't think i will accomplish
that much.i get up at around 7 thirty and by the time i get
ready for bkft it is close to 9o'clock.read the bible ,then

the newspers and that takes time and when it is just about
time for lunch.so you see time flies by so fast that half of
my day is gone.as the saying goes time flies by like an
arrow when you get up in age as i am going on 86 inabout 5
months.so your grandma has slowed down an awfully lot .some
days i don't even want to get out of bed and when i do i
just sit for a long while .today looked like a nice day but
it is so windy that i don't even feel like myself.i was
hoping that josh would come ovee but i found out from jeremy

that he had gone to tahoe for a retreat.i don't understand
how they would go to that place for a retreat with such bad
weather predicted for the weekend and next week.and i don't
know whether he was going with church.. but i guess with
retreats it would be with church.
    by the way i did read in the papers sometime back of the
2 books you mentioned so i wish i would have a chance to get
to them but don't get them unless you are going to read
them. i have too much to read.i can't catch up .

i have started wild swans and it is interesting because
many of the cities she mentioned rings a bell in me as i
visited cities like shanghai,nanking,peking,tientsin
shantung where the christian general fung yuk tseong
lived and then to hk , canton.next time when you come home i
will tell you my stories. it is too long to type it to you'i
just want you to know that i have been to many parts of
chinawhen i was in my late 20's into the 30's and 40's.so i
have seen lots and i would like to tell you about it some
day because you are the only grandson who is interested in

in your country.ok maybe the next time i will try to tell
you more if i feel like using the typewriter at a more
leisure situation.
    it is now after 10 and i am getting ready to fall asleep
and yet i want to read a few chapters from wild swan before
i really fall asleep with the book inmy lap so i will sign
off. take care, GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU IN HIS CARE.HE
LOVES YOU AND so do i.be careful in where ever you go drive
carefully......with love ngin,ngin